Winter is hopefully coming to an end and it’s time to start your spring cleaning and to do list. Two items you may not have considered were your roof and gutters. But the out-of-sight, out-of-mind approach could turn into a costly repair. The National Roofing Contractors Association recommends homeowners conduct a roof inspection twice a year- during the fall and spring. They also highly recommend you hire a professional to assist you.
Clean your Gutters:
- Make sure the ladder is on solid, level ground and secure it at the top from slipping, extend it at least three fee beyond the gutter
- Remove leaves, sticks, needles, and seeds from gutters- do not use a garden hose as it will clog the downspouts
- Remove pasty goo and flush using a garden hose
- Clean downspouts by turning your garden hose on full blast and thread it into the downspout
Inspecting Your Roof
- Check to see if any shingles may have buckled, curled or blistered
- Inspect to see if there is any loose material around the chimney, pipes, or other penetrations
- Inspect gutters for excessive amounts of shingle granules
- Inspect the inside ceiling for new water damage spots.
If you see any issue with your gutters or roofing contact BB Roofing today for a FREE inspection. Please remember to take extra caution when climbing on your roof to inspect it. We always recommend having a professional inspect your roof for you!